Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spring Break

Dear Brielle,

There are two tragedies in life. One is to loose your heart's desire. The other is to gain it. Tragedies happen. What are you gonna do, give up? Quit? No, I realize now that when your heart breaks, you got to fight like hell to make sure your still alive. Because you are. And that pain you feel? That's life. The confusion and fear? That's there to remind you, that somewhere out there is something better, and that something is worth fighting for... 

♥ ♥ 
I actually don't feel really well right now because of the weather that seriously unpredictable. Today is about 80 degrees outside and my body that used to cold weather for couple months cannot deal with it. And then me and Ryan went to Connor's soccer game today which made me stay under the sun for an hour and gave me a headache. Now I'm just laying on my bed and decided to write on my blog. Anyway as you know, I'm addicted to one of the oldest ( I guess ) TV show, One Tree Hill. Not like the other TV shows I have watched, I never get bored although it has 9 seasons ( I'm on season 4 right now ) . The other thing I like from this show is they have a really good phrases like I put in the beginning and the end of this post.

Like I said on my previous post, I'm gonna tell you my story about the Philly trip. Prom is not coming up yet but the fact that I'm on spring break right now give me a chance to write on this blog because I have many things going on so far.

I went to Philadelphia and Baltimore couple weeks ago. It was really nice to see cities after a while, I kinda missed it because I used to live in a city back in Indonesia. I didn't check the weather in Philly before I go, because it was really warm the day before in Seaford, I just used my really thin hoodies and voila! I was freezing over there until Michael and Hanna lent me some of their warm clothes (I really love them!). We basically went to some of the museums and learned about American history.  We had two hours break for lunch after we visited Independence Hall and then we decide to go to Food Market and got some lunch. After having the famous Philly's cheese steak, we just chillin' there until we thought the place was so crowded and we needed some air. It was me, Michael, Hanna, Miami and Chuam, we went to the Hard Rock for a little bit and yeah, unfortunately I left my money so I was so pissed when I could not buy anything. But God loves me, I accidentally found $10 in my purse. With ten bucks, the only place popped on my mind was the China Town! So then, we finally got to the China Town (after got lose for 30 minutes) and I found this little shop where I could get 4 key chains, 2 postcards and one gum with my ten bucks! I told you I'm a good shopper! After we found the way back to the Food Market to met the other folks, we went to the Liberty Bell Monument and here I asked my friends' favor to record a video of them saying happy birthday in their native language for my sister. 

Philly is such a nice city

The best part of this trip was meeting my AFS's buddies

Me and history usually not a good combination

A week later me, mom, Aubrey and Connor went to Baltimore. Baltimore is a really beautiful city, and the fact that it's spring already make it much more beautiful with all the blooming flowers and nice weather.  We planned to go to the aquarium but the tickets were sold out. We went to Dick's to had some lunch but after a while we changed our mind because that place was too loud. Then we went to Baltimore's Hard Rock where (thanks God!) I could finally buy the shirt. We visited the USS Constellation Museum and I met my Italian friend, Sylvia who went for a vacation with her American family. After that we went to this amazing book store where I have to resist to spent all my money (it was hard, believe me), went to watched this street show for an hour and went to H&M store ( I didn't buy anything, I swear!).

You can see how beautiful this city is

Power Plant building

One of my favorite place in the USA
                                                                     
April, 8th was the Easter day. The tradition in my family was to paint the eggs on Easter night and hide it in the house for Connor to find the next morning. On Easter day Connor tried to find the Easter eggs that was hidden by the Easter bunny which actually me and Ryan ( we hide it in the midnight after we watched movie ) after that we hide other plastics eggs with candies in it all over our yard for the kids to find because we were having Easter party in the late afternoon. The party was fun, I met some of my American parents' family and friends. I also asked them to be in the video for my sister's birthday. After the party was over I edited the video and send them to my sister.

One thing I didn't like from Easter ( off course I lied )

The kids ware having fun!

This is the video I made for my sister's birthday:



The next day after Easter me, my family and cousins went to Ocean City in Maryland. It took about an hour from Seaford. It was so relaxing, since I'm the biggest fan of beaches. Day one we walked on the beaches and played dodge ball, had dinner in a really nice restaurant ( I forgot the name ) and then me, Aubrey and Julia just took a walk on the boardwalk. The next morning I took the Hunger Games book that Ryan borrowed me and read it at the beach. It was really nice just laying on the sands and read a good book with the breeze and the sound of the waves. There wasn't many people there because the water still cold, although the weather wasn't really cold which made my time there even more than great.

Oh yeah, we love the beach!

Quite and peaceful
                                                                     
And the last thing I experienced on this Spring break ( I told you I have a bunch of stories ) was horse back riding. Me and Connor went to Danny's girlfriend house to ride her horse. It was so fun! Tomorrow I have to go back to school and the worse part is I am going to do my senior project presentation. I have done the portfolio, video and prezi ( they really ruined my spring break ) so /i;m pretty sure i'll be fine. 

Alright then, I'm going to bed early tonight, wish me luck for tomorrow!

Me, Lauren and Danny the horse


                                                                     ♥ ♥ 


... looking back on what I said all those years ago, all the hopes and dreams I had, I've come to the conclusion that if having things turn out the way you wanted them to is the measure of a successful life, then some would say that I'm a failure. The important thing is not to be bitter over life's disappointments. Learn to let go of the past. And recognize that every day won't be sunny, and when you find yourself lost in the darkness and despair remember it's only in the black of night you see the stars. And those stars will lead you back home. So don't be afraid to make mistakes, or stumble and fall, cause most of the time the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most. Maybe you'll get everything you wish for. Maybe you'll get more than you ever could have imagined. Who knows where life will take you. The road is long and in the end, the journey is the destination.


1 comment: